The mission of the UPVI Alliance is to accelerate the adoption of 'smart' PV modules with integrated power electronics. UPVI aims to simplify the integration of traditional PV modules with integrated electronic devices by creating a single, standard interface between these components.
The UPVI Alliance will yield a number of benefits:
- Reduced development time and design risk for manufacturers
- Streamlined inventory management for distributors and installers
- Improved design options for system designers
- Accelerated time-to-market for new products
- Increased choice and lower costs for end customers
The UPVI Alliance is dedicated to developing and maintaining a market-driven common specification for PV modules and the corresponding module-level electronics components.
The UPVI Alliance is governed by a Board of Directors who are elected annually. Steering Committees provide leadership and guidance for Technical and Marketing activities. Technical working groups will develop specifications that allow manufacturers to both develop and certify compliant products. Marketing working groups will develop member outreach and awareness programs.